Tuition + Lesson Policies
- My home studio is located in Chicago's Avondale neighborhood within a short walk from the Addison Blue Line CTA station.
- Students enrolled in Township District 211 or its feeder schools may take their lessons with me in Schaumburg/Palatine.
-Students enrolled in District 128 or its feeder schools may take lessons with me in Vernon Hills.
- $65/60 min
- $50/45 min
- D211 & D128 rates vary - email me to ask for current in-district rates
- Dedicated, personalized guidance tailored to the student's learning style
- Handwritten notes to take home every week for progress tracking
- Tutoring/preparation for school orchestra
- Audition preparation for youth & honor orchestras available
- Family members are encouraged to sit in on lessons for younger students
- Cozy waiting room for family members with brightly lit workspace
- Spring Studio Recital and Winter Showcase performance opportunities
- All ages and experience levels welcome
- Der Unterricht kann auf Deutsch gegeben werden
- Making progress on a musical instrument takes time, patience, and perseverance. Private lessons are a weekly commitment, and the student is expected to complete an entire semester of lessons when s/he signs up for them.
- Notification of a lesson cancellation by the student is a courtesy to the teacher but does not excuse payment for the lesson missed. An excused absence may be rescheduled at the teacher’s discretion. The student must contact the teacher at least 24 hours in advance with a serious valid reason in order to be eligible for rescheduling. Planned events and family trips should be brought up well in advance. Unexcused absences will not be rescheduled. If the teacher needs to reschedule, the lesson will be made up at a mutually convenient time.
- Monthly tuition is due at the first lesson of each calendar month. Students may pay in the form of cash, check, or Zelle QuickPay. Late payments may incur a $10 surcharge.
- Except in cases of serious illness or a change in family circumstances, two-weeks’ written notice is required for withdrawal from lessons.